I mentioned this wonderful curry that our family in Memphis cooked for us, and I thought I’d share the recipe with you, so as to not be selfish with it and all. I made this last night and it was sooo good, and my kids loved it too and were begging for more, which sort of surprised me because usually they aren’t that into curry, or cabbage for that matter, but the combination of all of this works so deliciously they just couldn’t resist it either. So here it us…
Cabbage Coconut Curry
Makes 4 servings
• 3 chicken thighs chopped
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1 tablespoon minced ginger
• 1 tablespoon chopped green chili
• Olive oil
• 1 cabbage chopped (they use half of this amount and it worked beautifully)
• 15 ounces coconut milk
• ½ cup chicken stock (could use more if you want it soupier)
• Salt to taste
• 1 tablespoon curry powder ( I used Punjam curry powder, it’s the kind without that bright yellow turmeric)
• Cilantro and lime for garnish
1. Brown chicken, garlic, ginger, and chili in olive oil.
2. Add cabbage, let wilt.
3. Add coconut milk, chicken broth, salt, and curry powder. Cook 10
minutes until heated through.
4. Serve over basmati rice and use cilantro, avocado, and lime as garnish.